Sunday, February 21, 2010

proposal story




I have gotten to tell this story just a few times in the past week so hopefully I've gotten better with each telling of it.

First off- a little background. A couple weeks ago Nik and I went ring shopping so he could see what style of rings I really liked. We went to a couple of different places and I picked out my favorites at each store to ensure that I wouldn't know exactly which ring he would buy. He wouldn't tell me which store he went to and for a while claimed he went to a store that we hadn't been to before. So, I knew that he bought the ring but he told me that it would take a week for the ring to get there, when we would be out of town (lies). Normally I like to think I wouldn't be so gullible but he looked very sincere and kept apologizing that he wouldn't have the ring for Valentine's day.

For President's Day weekend we went down to St. George and my parents drove up to meet us there. Nik really wanted to ask my dad for permission in person. We just have fun hanging out in St. George and getting the tour from my parents.

On Sunday, we decided to take a drive up into the canyons surrounding St. George. At one point, we get out to look at this old church and he insists on walking down this random dead end. In my head I start freaking out wondering if he's going to propose.

And then absolutely nothing happens.

I tell myself that he wasn't lying, he doesn't have the ring, and its not going to happen. Little did I know, he took that walk simply to psych me out. We get back in the car and drive back. We decide to stop in this absolutely gorgeous red rock canyon. Naturally we go for a walk since its a beautiful day and a beautiful view. We start walking down this path all by itself, where no one else is around. All of a sudden he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. (I said yes by the way)

Here are some pictures of right after we got engaged and one of the ring.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute ring! Did Nik get a haircut? I don't remember his hair that short. Well if you need any help planning things or looking for something let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We're so excited for you. Please let us know what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Hannah! We are so excited for you guys! Let me know if you need any help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Nik did get a hair cut. He wasn't wanting it quite that short but that's what happens when you get a haircut for seven dollars.

    Thanks for all the offers for help!
    Aunt Karen- thank you for everything! Seriously you guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete