Monday, March 8, 2010

cucina italiana

About once a week, Nik and I attempt a new recipe. It's Italian food every time. Nik is pretty much obsessed with anything dealing with Italy due to his mission and has become a 'pasta snob' (although he will admit that he still enjoys good ole Kraft mac n cheese with cheese powder). I am completely fine with this because hey I get to eat amazing pasta all the time. And it means I don't have to choose what to make: a big plus for any indecisive person.

This weekend was pretty dang busy including dress shopping trying a new Greek restaurant in Salt Lake and then seeing Alice in Wonderland but we decided to tackle authentic homemade lasagna anyways. Well perhaps Nik decided that since he ever so kindly let me take a nap while he did all the cooking. It was pretty amazing to wake up to this scene in the kitchen:

Isn't he amazing? I'm so lucky that he wants to marry me.

The lasagna tasted amazing, especially the next day. And I have to admit that lasagna is better with bechemel sauce instead of ricotta cheese. The things you learn when you are marrying a pasta snob :)

You know its good when you remember to take the picture only after everyone has eaten.

I'll have to backtrack sometime and post pictures of past culinary triumphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment