Sunday, March 21, 2010

vampire weekend

No, this post has nothing to do the twilight books or movies. Sorry if that is a disappointment to anyone. Rather, I am referring to one of my favorite bands at the moment. After hearing their album Contra, Nik and I have simply adored Vampire Weekend and haven't been able to get enough of their music. For a gift, Nik got us tickets to see them in Salt Lake last Thursday. We were pretty dang excited since we hadn't been to a show since seeing Ingrid Michaelson in October. A very long time ago. I'm sure it was painful going that long without a concert for Nik.

It was an amazing concert. One of my favorites. Nik said it was his favorite one that we have gone to together. All of the music was simply fantastic, even better than on the cd. The lighting was pretty sweet. Here are some different shots highlighting the overall coolness.

We did take a couple pictures of us at the concert and afterwards attempting to show off our sweet band shirts.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! We haven't been to a concert in FOREVER. I think the last one we went to was the Foo Fighters at the state fair like a year or two ago! We need to get back into things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blog, but even more so I think you should blog about Twilight. =)

    ReplyDelete