Monday, July 19, 2010

Bear Lake Fun

For the Fourth of July, we went with Nik's family up to his aunt's cabin in Bear Lake on the Utah-Idaho border.

We spent four days relaxing, reading, eating raspberry shakes and chocolate covered raspberries, making s'mores, lighting off fireworks, driving around on the four wheelers, playing in the water and even trying out the paddle boat. (Until Nik sunk it- four people is maybe a couple too many for one paddle boat.) It was a great weekend and I finally got to hear the Bear Lake monster story, which was great because Aunt Mary forgot her cue to scare everybody. It was so nice to get out of Provo for a little while. I think the mosquitoes also enjoyed our vacation, Nik's sister Jo got a whopping 43 bites!

So I always forget to take my camera out but I did remember it for one day (our last) at the beach.

Nik made a sandcastle.


And then he destroyed it, Godzilla style.


This one was a little while after Nik literally dragged me into the water. He got everyone but Miranda that day.


We're in love- if you couldn't tell.



A picture of the lake itself:

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for Hannahs blog, Nik's too but proportionally less credit for fewer posts. We love it and hope you all had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time. Here's to lots more memories.

    ReplyDelete