Chances are that you have heard me brag about Nik making me a brand new dining table for Christmas. Up until now I lacked photographic proof to back up my boasting. And so without any further ado, I give you my new table:
This is what it looked like pre-finishing.
In our house! Although I must say that some of these pictures don't do it justice, the character of the wood is just so exquisite that you must see it in person to appreciate it.
It is so choice.
Now we just need to get new chairs that will actually look good with our beautiful table. I love it so much and I am grateful for all of the hours that Nik put in cutting and sanding and gluing (and I'm sure many other actions that I am unaware of). I also want to say thank you to Nik's dad, Nate Porter, for helping him out and teaching him how to do it. Nate is a wonderful craftsman and always makes beautiful things. I'm glad that Nik has someone so masterful as a teacher.
It turned out so beautiful. It will only become more beautiful as the cherry darkens and deepens. We do need to find you some new chairs - Arizona will have fabulous ones. Great job, Niko!
ReplyDelete