Yesterday while Hannah and I were out and about we stumbled across this...
We were at a neat vintage store called "Planted Earth". They sell old books, furniture, records, clothes, chandeliers, jewellery, and apparently VINTAGE POST CARDS! We saw a set called "Rulers of the World", and couldn't resist. You will soon see why. These postcards are cool for a few of different reason. First, they are from 1909! Second, the photographs of twenty-four different rulers of various nations are shown. Third, they are from 1909!!! I guess that is really only a couple of reasons, but still.
Some highlights are...
Apparently one of Persia's main exports in 1909 was opium!
Since 1909 the art of the mustache has apparently been lost.
This Chinese prince apparently wasn't permitted to be photographed as this is the only postcard with a painting instead of a photo.
We aren't quite sure what we will do with these, but I'm sure we will figure something out!
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved these postcards, and you two had some fun ideas of how to utilize them. You two are amazing!
ReplyDelete